The Hayley Group is the largest independent distributor of engineering products and consumables in the United Kingdom. The Group employs over 700 people in the UK, with a turnover in excess of £150M, generated through a strategic network of 46 branches across the UK.
Hayley Rail is the Rail industry focused division of Hayley Group Ltd. Specialising in the supply to the Rail sector for 16 years, Hayley Rail provide customers with excellent service from our strategic depots situated in Manchester, Halesowen, Edinburgh and West Thurrock.
Hayley Rail have expertise in all areas of the Rail industry and work with Train Operating Companies, Freight Operating Companies, OEM’s and infrastructure partners to deliver products such has Hand Tools, PPE, Fasteners, Power Tools, Lubricants, Bearings, Transmission, Pneumatics and general Consumable products.
Main duties & responsibilities:
- Ensure the successful completion of all projects under your responsibility.
- Ensure all tasks are carried out in a timely manner.
- Keep General Manager/ OEM Manager informed of project status.
- Provide reports as necessary.
- Create project plans using the ‘Advanced Quality Plan’ gant chant, in cooperation with other departments and customers as necessary.
- Conduct meetings with customer’s Any issues arising or concerns which may affect customers or jeopardize the project completion to be highlighted.
- Liaise with all customer/ Hayley Rail departments to ensure the project is completed on time.
- Ensure all customer parts are set-up on the SXe computer.
- Ensure all “live” locations customer production lines are covered by Hayley Rail bar code.
- Identify and order equipment requirements.
- Control any Managed Inventory to be returned from the customer.
- Set-up operational DLF system.
- Ensure operational readiness on all new sites, e. procedural compliance is achievable.
- Cooperate with any support staff provided to ensure a smooth implementation.
- Ensure a professional manner and image at all.
Health & Safety responsibilities:
- Take care of own safety and that of others.
- Comply with health and safety procedures and instructions.
- Not neglect, misuse, damage anything provided in the interest of health and safety.
- Assist by reporting to Line Manager any hazard, accident, damage or defect in order that remedial action may be undertaken.
- Observe Quality Standard guidelines.
- Undertake such other duties, training and/or hours of work as may be reasonably required and which are consistent with the general level of responsibility of this job.
- Adhere to all company policies and procedures.
Knowledge & Skills requirements:
- Product knowledge of engineering consumables an advantage.
- Proficient IT skills (Microsoft Office).
- Professional level verbal and written communication skills.
- Valid driving license.
- Customer focused, driven to provide consistent high level of service.