Are you looking for a new career in the health/wellbeing industry?
We are recruiting for Health Technicians to join our growing team:
- Excellent training with competitive rates of pay and allowances.
- Must be flexible as role requires frequent UK wide travel with weekly staying away Monday to Friday.
- Must have a full UK driving license and confident in commuting long distances on a regular basis.
- Ideally we recruit sports science graduates but will consider applicants with relevant experience in the health and wellbeing industry.
Occupational Health Technician (UK Based)
Optima Health are a very highly regarded Occupational Health Service Provider, who, among other things, provides Health Screening Services to companies who have a requirement to ensure their employees operate within a healthy workplace environment. Due to business growth there is an opportunity to join the team as an Occupational Health Technician. Full training is given with this role.
Duties will include:
- Provision of health screening and health surveillance program, across a number of sites over the UK.
- Day to day maintenance of health screening equipment and facilities
- Recording and maintaining clear, concise medical records
- Ensuring safe storage of medical records and equipment when offsite
- Driving mobile health screening units as required
- Maintaining high professional standards at all times
- Demonstrate compliance with general mobile services standard procedures for mobile screening
- Consistently apply standard procedures for completion of clinical notes, data protection, handling of medical records and acquiring consent for all investigations
- Work to strict protocols and procedures set by medical professionals within Working on Wellbeing.
Technicians are required to demonstrate, or develop through their training period, competency in the performance of a wide variety of screening tests and techniques, including the following:
- Height, weight, abdominal circumference and calculation of BMI.
- Blood pressure.
- Audiometry & Otoscope.
- Vision Testing.
- Cholesterol Testing.
- Use of Cardiovascular Risk Assessor.
- Mobility & Musculoskeletal Assessment.
- Skin Health Surveillance.
- HAVS Health Surveillance.
- Chester Step Fitness testing.
- Phlebotomy for PSA Testing.
- Face Fit Mask Testing for BA Users.
Skills & Experiences
- Excellent communication and organisational skills.
- Energetic and enthusiastic approach to work.
- Basic IT skills, use of Excel, Word, Outlook and web based applications.
- Willingness and ability to learn new techniques and skills.
- Flexibility and willingness to travel with requirements of overnight stays in hotels on a regular basis.
- Full clean driving license.
- Experience in a health screening or medical environment is desirable.
- Health related qualifications are preferable, e.g Sports Science degree, but similar workplace/educational experiences considered.