Flomatik are seeking a GIS Designer to work with and support our National Planning team working on large scale UK based telecoms infrastructure projects. This position will be based in our Birmingham facility and be part of our UK based GIS team which is based in this location for all of our UK GIS and Quality operations.
Outline Duties and Ideal Skills Include:
- Taking existing planned data (including straight line diagrams) and inputting into GIS systems.
- Prioritisation of data capture work activities subject to work scheduled.
- Liaise with the planning team through the GIS Manager for data capture schedule.
- Highlight and escalate anomalies within as-built data.
- Be responsible with the Network and Desktop Planners for the planning pack creation, updating and completion of.
- Work to strict deadlines, whilst delivering high quality work with minimal supervision.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Strong understanding of GIS within a telecommunications arena and bespoke in-house software packages.
- Ability to interrogate and question fundamental and detailed planning designs.
- Ability to work unsupervised whilst delivering a high volume quality work.
- Flexibility to work across multiple facets of the end to end process at any given time.
- Work closely with GIS Manager and fundamental design team to facilitate the break-up opportunities into PN areas.
- Be responsible for the timely allocation of deliverables to the in-house design teams and clients.
- Take an active role in the development of new GIS talent.
- Contribute to development and innovation of systems and tools within the Managed Services business unit.
- Excellent communication skills.
The Typical personal attributes (skills, aptitude and understandings) might include:
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office and being PC literate – additional Flomatik and client specific applications will be required (training will be provided where necessary) – MS Excel, Visio, QGIS, LatLonGo.
- Previous use, understanding or awareness of GIS systems eg. Python, PyQGIS, GComms, Smallworld, AutoCad.
- Ability to draw together different technical disciplines.
- Able to communicate with people across multiple locations and at different levels.
- Able to identify and work with key stakeholders inside and outside of the business.
- Able to support and input into workflow processes and associated documentation.
- Attention to detail and accuracy coupled with a ‘can do’ attitude.
- An awareness and understanding of current health and safety procedures.
What we’ll offer:
- A competitive salary depending on experience.
- A full induction, regular reviews and 1:1s.
- 25 days holiday in addition to bank holidays.
- A Pension with 5% Employer contribution after 3 months service.
- A comprehensive employee benefits package provided through a third-party provider.
- 8.30 – 5.30 hours (Monday – Friday with an hour for lunch).
- Free parking.
Equal Opportunities Statement:
Flomatik is committed to promoting equal opportunities in employment. Employees and job applicants will receive equal treatment regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation.
This role is based in our Minworth, Birmingham office. Prolonged periods of time sitting at desk. Occasional travel to central office or customer sites for meetings maybe required.