Flomatik are seeking a GIS Administrator to work on a long-term project supporting our National Planning team working on large scale UK based telecoms infrastructure projects. This position will be based in our Birmingham facility and form part of our UK based Planning Team.
Outline duties would include:
- Create Planning Packs
- Obtain required maps from a range of utility companies and place them into planning packs
- Populate street works information into planning packs
- Replicate straight line drawings (SLDs) on Visio
- Ability to work unsupervised whilst delivering a high volume quality work
- Flexibility to work across multiple facets of the GIS end to end process at any given time
- Liaise with our national planning team through the GIS Manager and GIS Supervisors for schedule
- Be responsible with the National Planners for the planning pack creation, updating and completion of
- Develop knowledge and understanding GIS principles and practise
Skills required would include:
- Competent at communicating with a variety of Utility Companies nationwide to obtain their plans
- Proficient user of Microsoft Visio to accurately reproduce SLDs in accordance with customer standards
- Work to strict deadlines, whilst delivering high quality work with minimal supervision
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Excellent communication skills
- Previous exposure to telecoms or network design or engineering
- An upper class second degree (or equivalent) in a relevant discipline such as Geography, Engineering etc
Flomatik is the Professional Services subsidiary of Teleste, a leading broadband equipment manufacturer. The company provides bespoke, insightful and innovative Service solutions using a collaborative approach to forge strong partnerships, providing Consulting, Resources, Project Management and Managed Services.
Flomatik’s clients include Tier 1 & 2 Operators, their prime Technology Vendors and the largest Super-contractor companies, who are under pressure to deliver extraordinary technological and operational change, and want a company that can respond quickly and achieve optimal results.
Investment in new staff is a major part of our strategy for growth, and we are seeking candidates with the desire and determination to be part of our future success.